How To Enable SSL on Your WordPress Site
Before you Begin you Need the Following:
- An SSL Certificate has been purchased, installed and configured, see How to Purchase an SSL
- You can enable a free Let's Encrypt SSLEnabling SSL on Your WordPress Site
- Log into your site at http://yourdomainname.com/wp-login.php.
- Once you are on the admin dashboard, click on Settings.
- In the WordPress Address (URL) box, replace http:// with https://.
- In the Site Address (URL) box, replace http:// with https://.NOTE: If for any reason you are unable to reach your site to make these edits, please contact our support team by submitting a support ticket.Optional Edits:
- Open an FTP session to your site.
- Edit your wp-config.php file and add define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true);.
- This will force SSL for both site logins and admin access. This is the most secure option for your site.
- Save your wp-config.php file and re-upload it to the server.